A placeholder post for some wines we have recently enjoyed. I am determined to drink decent wine at Xmas and not get flustered, run out of time and end up with the usual suspects from the poor selection at our local Waitrose.
And rather than keeping this offline I thought I’d put it on the blog in case it is of interest to others. I’ll periodically update (probably).
- Vacqueyras, La Pavane, Guy Daniel 2006 – we had this lovely Cote du Rhone at Hix
- Marcillac, Dne du Cros, Philippe Teulier 2008 – 2 bottles of this lovely red from near Aveyron were quaffed last weekend at the excellent Terroirs
- Bodegas Vall Llach Priorat Embruix 2003 – we had a half-bottle of this at the Walnut Tree Inn, and quite delicious it was too. It’s a Spanish Grenache apparently.
- Chateau la Verrerie Rouge 2004 – another Cote du Rhone. I have no idea where we drank this, I just have a note on my iPhone with no more detail.
- Richmond Grove, Wintervale Vineyards Riesling 2008 – one of the more enjoyable white wines from my recent trip to Australia. Sweet enough to be served with dessert, but refreshing enough to be enjoyed as an aperitif.
- Maverick 2007 Trial Hill Riesling – drunk at a recent trip to The Ledbury
I’ve got a cellar too. There’s no wine in it.